Wednesday 16 May 2012

The Power Of Music

Hi, I'm Yuri:)

Today, I'd like to introduce some music site.
They are also interesting, useful and attractive:D

First, when we learn English by ourselves, lyrics training is very helpful.
In this site, we can improve the ability of listening.
1.Listen to the music,
2.Type lyrics
By doing only two things, we learn English vocabularies, grammars, sounds and so on.
This is like a game, so we enjoy studying English!

Second, when we teach English, Tune into English is good.
There are a lot of worksheets with songs.
We can use them free:D
And, Tefltune is similar site to Tune into English.
There are also some music worksheets.

When I was a junior high school student, I took the class which use music in English.
I learned 'All Need Is Love,' 'Yesterday once more' and so on.
It was very interesting, so I like the class.

Then, why is using music in the class good for students?
There are a lot of reasons.
For example;
1. Students like songs and music, so we can get their attention.
2. Songs contain chunks of language.
3. Songs are sung at fast speed, so they contain natural features, for example linking or weak forms.
4.Music can make students relaxed and make atmosphere of the classroom stress-free.
...
So, using music in classes is very good thing for students and teachers.
And the most important thing is that students enjoy the learning process.
Music makes students happy, active and interested by its power.
I think its power is bigger than I expected.

Yuri

No comments:

Post a Comment